I’ve been in publishing for fourteen years and a freelance editor since 2012. The broad range of experience gives me a lot to draw on in any project. The principles of good writing carry over from non-fiction to mainstream novels to genre pageturners—engage the reader, move them to action or emotion, and paint your picture with clarity enough to translate your vision into the reader’s mind through your words.
My clients range from best sellers and authors who’ve been publishing for years, to writers who have just finished their first manuscript, to people who haven’t even got that far and want objective feedback.
If you don’t know where to start, or you do but you’re not sure you’re equipped, use the contact form to get in touch. If I’m not the right person for the job, I may be able to orient you on the map.
Here are some things you might want to know about my experience.
What types of projects have you worked on?
- Non-fiction Writing
- Lifestyle blog articles
- Pop-culture articles and essays
- Business website content
- Business and technical documentation
- Non-fiction Editing
- How-to books
- Internal business documents
- Graduate theses
- Biography and memoir
- Genre novels and short fiction
- Women’s fiction
- Middle Grade
- Young Adult (Contemporary and Paranormal)
- Urban Fantasy
- Cozy Mystery
- Historical Fiction
- Paranormal Romance
- Contemporary Romance (Sweet to Extra-spicy)
- Romantic Suspense
- Romantic Comedy
Who do you work with?
- Regular clients
- NYT and USA Today Best-selling Authors
- Small and medium presses
- Indie/self-published authors
- Aspiring Authors
- Occasional Projects
- National Websites/Magazines
- Doctoral Candidates
- International Corporations
- Private Families (Biography)
- New York Publishers
- Master’s Degree in Communication Science.
- Presenter at national writer and literary conferences.
- Member of RWA, SFWA, EFA, and current president of the DFW Writer’s Workshop.
- Internationally published novels under various names.
- Word nerd, dog lover, trivia collector, history buff, theater geek, occasional know-it-all.